Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow Cream

Those of you who are my fellow Southerners know that we very rarely get any snow. And we very VERY rarely get enough to get super excited about. Well, last week we got a good bit of snow not only once but twice in a week. It didn't last long as we are already back up around 65 degrees (if you don't like the weather in the south just give it a few days and it is sure to change) but it was fun while it lasted.

In honor of that glorious snow I thought I would share my snow cream recipe with you. I searched the internet for a recipe that I thought I wanted to try and they were all similar yet different. I found one that I thought would be closest to what I wanted and then tweaked it just a little to make it mine.

Here it is:

1 cup of almond milk {can substitute another kind of milk if you would like}
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract {come on now.. we all know we just fill up the cap :)}
pinch of salt
7-8 cups of snow

Optional:
Sprinkles or other toppings you like

Mix your almond milk, sugar, vanilla and salt together with a whisk and sit it in the refrigerator while you gather your fresh clean snow. Once you have your snow ready slowly add it to your liquid mixture until it is a nice ice cream like consistency. Top with your favorite topping(s), our's happen to be sprinkles and chocolate syrup, or serve plain. Plain is ok but let's all be honest... life is better with a little extra fun... SO ADD THE SPRINKLES!! :) And Enjoy!

Tip: Snow cream tends to melt fairly quickly so prepare right before you plan to enjoy it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment