Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Blogger

My Life... As A Blogger??

So... here I am, new to the blog world but ready to give it a try. I'm gonna take a minute to explain my blog and what I hope to accomplish through it. To be honest I'm still figuring that out... so I guess that's my first point. We can learn together and you can always expect me to be completely honest. I have a heart for family and giving my family the best I can. Because of that I try to do a lot of DIY projects and make healthy food and cleaners for my family and home. I also TRY to get my family involved in my projects when I can as a chance to spend time together. But, and here is that honesty, we all know that husbands may not be as excited about making homemade laundry detergent as us women.

Being crafty has always been an attribute of mine so I try to take that throughout my home and life. Doing things yourself can not only save you money but it can truly be FUN and I want to share that with the world! This blog idea started because I have had a lot of people asking for recipes of my homemade cleaners (laundry detergent, dishwasher tabs, toothpaste...) and baby items (wipes, powder, booty cream) so I thought this would be a good place not only for others to see the recipes but for me to go back to them myself and develop them even further over time. So you can certainly expect to see recipes for a lot of cleaners, baby items and more. 

Who Am I??

How rude of me... I haven't properly introduced myself. Way to start things off Tiffany (yep I just referred to myself in third person).

My name is Tiffany and I live in a small town in Alabama. I am a southern girl through and through. I enjoy hunting, fishing, cooking/baking and... you guessed it... being a DIYer. My family is my heart and everything I do is for them. I guess this Southern Mommy Minute blog is going to be about what makes me ME and those times that I take a minute to do the things this southern mommy enjoys and the things I have to do to keep things running "smoothly" around home. *insert disclaimer: my "smoothly" may not have the same definition as yours, and then again it may... after all I am a full time working mother with two small children and I am also taking college courses and trying to run a home with my darling husband, "smoothly" in my book means everyone is clean and fed and that I look half way presentable at work after sleeping a few hours with toddler feet in my back and baby feet in my face... you get the idea... now where were we...* I want to be able to share with you the mommy minutes that teach me life lessons, the minutes that help me make memories, and the minutes that help me make my home a better place for us to live. I expect this to be a place where I can be me... just in blog form. :) So that's who I am and what to expect... anything me. Life lessons, memories, how-to moments and more. Together we will live, laugh, love and DIY.

Here's to what's to come! -Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment